Do You Respect our Game?
The CMFA asks you to consider your role in showing “Respect” for the game, and for the people who make this the great game it is.
How much do you RESPECT the game of Fastpitch Softball and all its participants? Take this simple test to see how you rate. Note the statements that apply to you.
- The safety of the participants in the game is more important than the final score.
- I value the contribution of the coach in developing the players talents, even though I may not always agree with their methods.
- I understand that officials do not make the softball rules, they only apply them.
- I understand that children learn from adults, and my behaviour reflects what I want children to learn.
- I understand that officials are responsible to ensure that the game is played in a safe and fair manner for all participants.
- I understand that players, coaches and officials are learning the game, and mistakes will be made in the learning process.
- I may not cheer for the opposition team, but I will also not cheer against them or verbally abuse them.
- I understand that the biggest reason for players and officials quitting the game is abuse